Fitness Week at Welby Way! Room 26 is “Gold Rush.” Students should wear their fitness shirt each day this week. We will participate in the walkathon on Tuesday. Fitness Week donations are still being accepted. Your donation goes toward the purchase of supplies used during psychomotor and physical education. Remember to eat the Rainbow Challenge foods each day at home and record them on your orange sheet.
- English Language Arts:
- Esperanza Rising – vocabulary and comprehension
- Gold Rush – comprehension and discussion. Journals have been turned in.
- Persuasive Writing
- Math: Finishing Module 7. Final quiz on 7 - Thursday, May 26.
- Physical Science: series and parallel circuits.
- Social Studies: What was the Gold Rush? Quiz on Wednesday, May 25th. Students should have read both Gold Rush books. We will have a complete review on Monday and Tuesday.
- California’s Drought.
- Independent Study. Each day students will be working on their projects in class. Students should bring resources to class each day.
June 1. Getty Museum field trip. Turn in your permission slip. The volunteer chaperones from our room are parents that have not yet gone on a field trip. Bus fees are covered with your $10 donation.
Gold Rush Day is June 3rd. Volunteer assignments go home today. Check your child’s homework folder for a purple Gold Rush notice. The Gold Rush donation is $20.
Students should plan on taking all Accelerated Reader tests by June 3rd so that I can enter information into the grade book.