Wednesday, September 23rd there will be no school.
Scholastic orders should be placed by midnight September 23rd at scholastic.com. The teacher code to use when making an order is FFCYN. I will place the order on Thursday morning.
Science rotations will take place on Monday and Thursday this week.
Six week Interim Report Cards will be sent home on Monday, September 28th.
• Language Arts - Students will create a Figurative Language book in class as a final project for this unit. Students should have developed several different figurative language sentences connected to their theme for the booklet. We are reading the story from the Treasures textbook called "My Name is Ali Baba Bernstein." Students will focus on close reading, vocabulary, making inferences, and plot.
• Eureka Math - We will cover lessons 14 - 18 this week and have the FINAL assessment for Module 1 on Tuesday, September 30th. Students will be taking home recent Exit Tickets on Thursday for your review. The Exit Tickets reveal the student's understanding of that specific lesson. Most Exit Tickets are worth 2 points.
• Narrative Writing - Students have begun to plan their plot for the narrative story that they will be writing. During this week students will work on the plan for the beginning, middle and end of the story along with character development.
• Social Studies - Geography unit continues with more new concepts and map skills. Students have put together their own study packet for Tuesday's quiz on lessons 1 and 2 of Unit 1 in their workbook. Students should know how to find latitude and longitude. On Monday, September 21, students will be given information on a research project related to California's geography. Each student will select a different absolute location to research.
• Life Science with Mrs. Kearns - Rotations will be on Monday and Thursday this week.
• Art with Mrs. Faye on Friday.
• Music - Thursdays at 1:30. Our new music teacher is Ms. Staves.
• PE - Friday at 11:30.
Thank you to Mrs. Ilous and Mrs. Murugesan for volunteering on Mondays during psychomotor. Special thanks to Mrs. Chatterjee, Mrs. Kaulbach, Mrs. Lowenstark and Mrs. Faye for helping out during the week. If you would like to volunteer in the classrom - let me know!